Thursday, July 11, 2019

The whole day!

Yep. I took the whole day to play. I made so much progress on the lake house.
 The master bedroom may be my favorite mini room of all the ones I've done over the years. If you've been following my blog for awhile, you may remember the tree bark my hubby found and brought to me. Some of it was used as flooring in the 50s house. I used almost all that was left in the master bedroom today.
 The oar is one leftover from a nautical swap I participated in many years ago. The basket on the dresser is one of two I bought on a recent antiquing trip.
 The kitchen is now stocked with food and dishes. The pots and pans must be in one of the cupboards.
 The boy's bedroom is still pretty sparse. It isn't their full time home but he needs something to do when the weather isn't cooperating. I really would like a telescope over by the window and some oversized cushions to sit on. I was going to have the dog join him in the loft and then realized there is only a ladder to get up there. Not sure a Bassett hound's short little legs could make the climb even if dogs could climb like that, lol.
I got a lot done in the living room. The window has blinds and a balance. I  slipcovered the couch. I made an ottoman and I got Gramps chair up to the correct height by adding rockers. Now I am down to the detail work on the inside. I need to start cutting strips of poster board soon so I can get the siding done. As usual, once the vision became clear the project is moving along fairly quickly.
While my summer has been great, it has not been very relaxing. I really enjoyed my day to play today.

2 comments:

Jodi Hippler said...

I love the nautical theme in the master bedroom including the anchor wallpaper, roman blinds and rope cornice!
I love the white cabinets and open shelving in the kitchen!
I love that the boy has his own private retreat in the attic space and I hope you can find a way to make him a telescope!
The natural floors look perfect and grandpa looks completely content with his new rocker!
You are making this project look like so much fun to do and I am excited for the next creative set of ideas!

De said...

Thank you, Jodi. You are so encouraging. I smile every time I read one of your comments.