Sunday, March 24, 2019

I want one for my 1:1 house!

I found a small windmill at my local Dollar Tree for $1. It is meant for a fairy garden. I bought it, not really certain of how I would use it.
 I forgot to take a before photo but it was all more rust in color with no shelves. I added some patina paint and made shelves for it.
Here it is in the living room before I filled the shelves. It fits perfectly in the space next to the couch.

And here is the finished piece. The top shelf has a small lilac wreath and the lower shelf has some spindles in a whitewashed wooden bowl, a small decorative finial (actually a vintage button), and a pillar candle on a wooden holder (also a vintage button and the candle is a pencil eraser.)I really would love one in full size, lol, but for now I will have to be satisfied with the mini version.

Have a wonderful, blessing filled week my friends!

10 comments:

PILAR6373 said...

Una bonita transformación y además es muy original!!
Besos.

Drora's minimundo said...

I love the windmill shelves. Great buy! it adds a lot to the room. Great idea with pencil eraser candle!
Hugs,
Drora

Marian said...

Una pieza muy original para el salón.
Un saludo

De said...

Thank you!

De said...

Thank you, Drora!

elizabeth s said...

A good find and it fits in so well in your living room too!

Jodi Hippler said...

Super cute to start with but what a creative way to finish and make such an interesting piece for the living room!

De said...

Thank you, Elizabeth!

De said...

Thank you, Jodi!

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

I saw these and just passed them up. Dang. Such a great idea!