I spent hours filling tab slots with spackle, letting dry, sanding, and starting over. There will be a few more to do once the structure is complete but I made major progress. Late last night I put a final coat of paint on the exterior and then dry brushed over it to give a weathered wood effect to the saloon.
I cut sections out of some 1:1 sized embossed wallpaper to make "wood" panels on the upstairs stair rail...
...and the downstairs one as well. This one is accented with a bit of gold to match the slightly more luxe look downstairs.
I'm still sick and actually feeling a bit worse this morning. Yuck! I'll probably work on the saloon between naps today. My son is sick, too, and he was already dealing with a flare up of his chronic health problems. I'm glad I have the saloon to work on. That's been my bit of fun in an otherwise not so fun week.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!