Saturday, September 25, 2010

A few more details

The table is ready for dinner. There must be a guest coming since the table is set for four. The chicken and the jello were made by my friend, Brenda. Gaye of My Small Obsession made the salad, the plates and the pitcher. Gary (in New Hampshire) made the cake stand the jello is on. I made the drinking glasses from lite pegs and I hand cut the silverware and serving pieces from a piece of heavy foil. The cloth napkins are actually pieces of tissue. I glued the silverware to the napkins so I don't lose them - even though the table isn't set correctly. The bubbles in the light pegs make it look like the glasses are filled with ice water.
The glue on the hooks isn't dry yet but I couldn't wait to post a photo of the coat rack. It looks very like the one we had at home. The simple style suits the boarding house, I think.

I was able to check several things off my long list today. This project is coming together quickly. Once DH gets home from his business trip we're gonna have to figure out where in the world this is going to go. It can't sit on my dining room table forever, lol.

4 comments:

Ana said...

Es increoible ¡¡. En tan solo dos dias casi has llenado tu casita. felicidades¡¡¡

Ascension said...

Has conseguido una mesa preciosa, me encanta como la has decorado, se ve todod delicioso.
La entrada de la casa, parece real, enhorabuena
Feliz domingo
besitos ascension

Piikko said...

Looks so good!
Beautiful work ♥

Christine said...

I really like your coatrack, unusual pieces like it make it all look so much more real I think. :~)
Your table setting is lovely too.