Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sorry, internet issues at home

So I haven't been able to post my current progress. I'm at the church right now so I can give you a quick update.

I made a climbing vine for the chimney side wall. The vine is moss and the leaves are little paper punched stars.

Sandy got some real stockings and leather shoes. Her skin is so pale that I thought she needed the color on her legs. I tried painting first but couldn't get a realistic effect. I cut a bit of real nylon and glued it in place (complete with seams up the back). The leather shoes cover the edges of the stockings and look good, too!

I was on the phone with our telephone provider for almost an hour today trying to add internet to our package. We live in the middle of nowhere and we're right on the edge of the phone company's ability to provide. I'm crossing my fingers but won't know for a couple of days. On the plus side, the representative gave us a better telephone package so at least I'll be saving nearly $30/month. :0)

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I love the vine but I feel so sorry for poor Sandy she looks so depressed would it be possible for her Fiance to come back with just a head wound and Amnesia?

Glenda said...

Good luck with the internet connection - we're in a similar situtaion, at the very edge of cybercivilisation. Expensive, and a bit intermittent, but we do need it!!

Kim said...

I feel your pain De- we are the same. Just this last year we finally got a wireless type of internet that uses a tv tower to pull it's signal off of- it's better than dial up but it's a little spendy too :( the down side of living in the beautiful country. Still prefer the country to the city though :) I love the climbing vine and Sandy's new shoes ♥