Friday, September 3, 2010

More saloon pics

I'm really happy with how the porch roof turned out. I gave it a faux aged copper finish.
The front window trim is in place here. The white you see is clear glass paint drying. Glazing the transparency helps the printed design to show up a little better inside. It also seals the ink on the transparency.
The window trim inside - paint still drying. ;)
I couldn't resist setting everything up again. All I really still need to do downstairs is put in the back windows and make and install the doors.
I got the border and baseboard installed upstairs.

I got a lot done today but there is still a lot left to do. Installing the soffits was not too difficult. I had to cut some tabs and shorten one piece and lengthen another to make up for my mistake but it went very well. Now I just have to make sure I put the roof on the right way to match the reversed back wall. Cross your fingers! :)


Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Love the copper finish! Like the upper deck hee hee.

Victoria ♥

Kathi said...

Thanks for the tip about using clear glass paint on the window for the transparencies. I'll try that.
LOVE your copper roof!

De said...

Thank you!

A tip on using the glass paint. Dab it on instead of brushing back and forth. That way you won't smear the ink on the transparency. I cover the printed elements first and let them set up just a little before finishing the window.